Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Reading Response 16

This class is very different than other classes I've taken before--it's caused me to think in a different way than I usually do in business classes.  It's really caused me to be more aware of what is going on around the world and think about issues in a different light.  I think this class has been very beneficial, but I have also had some difficulty when it comes to this class.

I come from a very non-religious background. I didn't grow up going to church every Sunday or having any strong religious beliefs.  Because of this, coming into the class I had no knowledge of the history of Jerusalem or any of the religious aspects that are involved in the conflict.  Having no real background on the topic before entering the class was a struggle for me because during the first few weeks while we were discussing the history of Jerusalem I felt as though many of my classmates had strong knowledge on the subject.  At first, this intimidated me, but as the weeks went on, I think I learned just as much (if not more) about the conflict from these classmates. I enjoyed listening to their ideas, experiences, and opinions. Although I had difficulty understanding and putting everything together (and still don't completely understand some of it) I do believe I benefited from it.  This class put me in a place that I had never been before, and I think that this is one class I can walk away from knowing that I truly did learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment